Small Hotels of Barbados Inc. trading as Intimate Hotels of Barbados
The Intimate Hotels of Barbados (IHB) is a non-profit, membership association of locally owned small hotels, apartments, guest houses, and villas on the island of Barbados. The organisation was formed in the year 2000, with less than 20 members, and today has 43 members, ranging in size from 4 rooms to 79 rooms. The organisation was formed to provide marketing services for its members, but we also provide other operational enhancement
services like training, advocacy, and advisory services. For marketing purposes, the tagline of the organisation is “Barbados on a Budget.” The properties fall within the range of a typical 2 to 3.5- star. The IHB operates a small office staffed by an Executive Director and an Executive Assistant.
1. Collect information from members and follow up with members
via telephone and/or email, as necessary.
2. Assist in the coordination of any IHB meetings, events and
training sessions as directed.
3. Assist in the researching and collating of information on
cooperatives, linkages, corporate social responsibility, the IHB
website and online platforms, the wider local, regional, or global
tourism sector, or any other info as directed.
4. Assist the Social Media Consultant with her duties as needed,
respond to social media queries, and perform media monitoring in
relation to local and key market tourism issues.
5. Assist with the development of plans and policies as directed
6. Support the BHTA as needed, as directed by the Executive Director
or in her absence the Executive Assistant
7. Any other relevant task that will facilitate the smooth running of the office and assistance to the Executive Assistant and Executive